Crochet your own Fire Service - St. Florian Cross Afghan with your Free Graph Pattern by the Stickler® Guide!
Want to save yourself time and frustration? The full Fire Service – St Florian Cross Stickler® Guide is available for only $4.99 at my Etsy page HERE.
- Crazy simple, easy to follow row by row instructions
- Complete, detailed instructions for creating your new afghan
- Helpful how to diagrams of techniques I’ve found useful
Do you love the idea of crafting an afghan with a meaningful image but get frustrated or intimidated by the reality? It can be a real challenge trying to read a graph and figure out the best way to change colors – all while dealing with a tangled mess of yarn every time you begin a new row. Not to mention getting halfway through your project before realizing the image isn’t proportional!
This was my experience years ago when I first tried my hand at making a “graphghan.” I knew there had to be an easier way…so I created the Stickler® Guide.
This Fire Service St. Florian Cross pattern is intermediate level. My mission is to create patterns that are fun for all skill levels. The free Stickler® Graph offered here provides a much simpler counting experience than the typical graph pattern – each block is one single crochet stitch and has the same proportions of the typical SC. The blocks are clearly numbered in sets of 4 for easier counting.
If you’re less familiar with graph patterns or changing colors you’ll love the additional instructions and how to drawings available in the full Stickler® Guide!
The afghan in these photo is a medium “lapghan” size – perfect for snuggling on the sofa! It measures 64” x 46” and was made using the following items:
- Size I 5.50mm crochet hook
- Red Heart Super Saver Worsted Black (#0312) 2 skeins (7 oz/198g/364 yd each)
- Caron One Pound Soft Grey Mix 2 skeins (16oz/454g/812 yd each)
- Caron One Pound Claret 1 skein (16oz/454g/812 yd each)