The Stickler® Guide - Graph Patterns Made Easy!
Many years ago, when I first began making crochet graphs for graphgans I felt frustrated with three things:
- The difficulty in counting small blocks on a chart, right to left then left to right, for each row of the blanket
- The challenge of managing large numbers of yarn balls or bobbins that get horribly tangled every time I turn to work the next row
- The disappointment of seeing my image look distorted (wide and flat) only after already working many rows. I could never find that magic combination of yarn weight and hook size that would result in a perfectly square single crochet stitch
After struggling with these issues I had an idea on how to address each one and the Stickler® Guide was born. The Stickler® Guide offers these solutions:
- The graph blocks are proportional, not square. They match the typical size of the single crochet stitch
- Each graph is designed to be as easy as possible by minimizing the number of color changes per row (the goal is to average around 3 – 5)
- Best of all– the Stickler® Guide patterns include a second part, an easy to follow chart that lists the number of stitches in each color, row by row!
I am thrilled to be able to offer these graph patterns free of charge! The Stickler® Graph is available as a free PDF download, an easy to read one page graph to help you create your next family heirloom or gift. If you’d like a more detailed, multi page printable pattern that includes instructions, tips and tricks as well as the Stickler® Chart it is available for only $3.99. The Stickler® Chart has done all the graph block counting for you so you can go straight to the fun part – crocheting!
The following free graphs will be available soon. You can probably guess how I feel about First Responders and my adopted home state of Texas! 😉
NOTE: After putting a lot of time and money into creating and trademarking the Stickler® Guide I recognize how important it is to respect all intellectual property rights. There won’t be any Stickler® Guide patterns of copyrighted images.